Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Update on Obsession...

I have had a day of success, a few days of indulgence and a lot of realizations! First off, I have to say that I believe my body was going through withdrawls from sugar last week! I am still thinking about sugar a lot but I am not going as crazy as I was last week. I almost wanted to crawl out of my skin last week but survived! I ended the week with a GREAT success! Saturday night Bryce and I went to the adult meeting for Stake Conference. We had planned to go to dinner sometime that night but had both eaten a HUGE lunch of our homemade Cafe Rio sweet pork salad (me)/ burritos (Bryce) so we weren't really hungry for much dinner. Having in my head that we could just skip straight to treats I suggested we grab one after the meeting. As we were driving around nothing was sounding fantastic to me. I then suggested we go to Macey's grocery store cause there is bound to be SOMETHING in there bakery, frozen section or treat isle that would be delicious! I grabbed a basket when we walked in and Bryce instantly worried that I would fill it up before we left. We walked all over the store and left EMPTY HANDED!! Can you believe that???!!! I saw things that were tasty but nothing was "worth falling off the bandwagon" for. That was a proud moment for me!

I must have gotten a little bit cocky cause then on Sunday I made cinnamon rolls for dessert. There were several extra which became my Monday morning breakfast and then another one that day as a snack and just one more after the kids went to bed that night. (I didn't want them to dry out and get all stale!) Horrible reasoning I know. It didn't help that I could smell them every time I walked into the kitchen and they just stared me down while I choked down Cheerios. They are so much better than Cheerios!!!

We then took the kids to the circus last night and of course you need to have treats when you do something special like that! I dug a few more treats out of the food storage and we went off for a good time. I did use some self control to not eat the entire bag of stuff that we brought (which I would have done in the past without too much hesitation).

I have realized that I can make a "special occasion" out of anything! I have been rewarding myself with treats for making through the day, to help me relax, to help me from being antsy, give me energy, etc... I know that life isn't going to stop happening and I have to deal with it in other ways than food. The spare tire hanging out around my waistline is a good reminder to stay on track! I can do this! :)

No comments: