Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Jordan World Circus!

There is a first time for everything! And this was a first time that the kids or I have ever been to a circus! Abbey came home from school Tuesday afternoon for free kid tickets with a paying adult. I did the math and it turned out to not be that bad of a deal. I checked my budget envelopes and was able to scrounge up just enough money to go. I warned the kids before we left that I was paying to get in to the cirucs and that was it... nothing more. We loaded up the kids pockets with their treats and headed for a good time. I was glad that I had warned them in advance about not buying stuff once we got there cause they get you coming and going with all sorts of different things. I did feel bad cause I thought it would have been fun to ride on the elephant. When at any other time in my life am I going to get a chance to ride an elephant? I had to remind myself of other goals and things I want to do in the next little while and that helped ease the pain of not spening 60 bucks on a family elephant ride.


We got 4th row seats just off to the right of the center stage a bit. We felt a part of the action. A few of our favorites were the elephant tricks (especially when the one large elephant did a hand stand!), juggling acts with swords and fire sticks, a balancing act with lots of chairs, a funny clown, 4 motorbikers riding at the same time in the metal "ball of death" cage and a magic act of changing outfits on a lady. The whole family had a blast!!! I was so worried that the kids would feel deprived for me not spending extra money on the extra stuff but the moment we were out of the arena they had forgotten all about it and just kept talking about the fun that they DID have. It was a great night and I am glad that we went.


We didn't take too many pictures cause we were busy juggling Mason and just enjoying the show. Thanks to Bryce for taking the pictures of the actual performances!

Here are a couple of quick photos before the circus started. We were there early to get good seats before it all filled up.




Pictures don't do the balancing guy justice. He was really cool. So were the elephants. We were too slow getting the camera back out for some of their trickier stunts.








No comments: