Sunday, January 30, 2011

He gets it from me... Uh oh!

Could it really be??? I don't want to admit it but I just realized this weekend that Braxton gets his bad sportsmanship from ME! We were playing connect as a family yesterday and I went head to head with Bryce and lost. That boiled my blood faster than the speed of light. I wanted to stomp my feet, cuss out some nasty words and hurl a large object at the tv! WHAT?! Over a game? I couldn't believe I felt that way! At that moment a light bulb came on in my head and I saw things through Braxton's eyes for a minute. I felt so sorry for him.

I knew better than to act out on my previously mentioned thoughts and calmly walked away, eyes on fire, teeth gritted together and trying to take deep breaths.

I have never liked to play sports or really any type of games and I think that is the case because I am WAY TO COMPETITIVE! I DON'T like to lose! I can't handle losing! I obviously didn't learn how to be a good loser. Maybe it is the perfectionist in me... who knows.

So now Braxton and I can enroll in anger management classes together and both be taught now to lose gracefully. He is doing better at controlling his temper (for the most part). Or maybe he is just holding it in more like I did yesterday.

Most likely I will continue to steer clear of competition so everyone keeps their head! :) I am sorry Braxton that you didn't get more of your dad's laid back personality.