Thursday, May 28, 2009

Memorial Day 2009


The kids at my Grandma Bezzant's headstone in the PG Cemetary.


The kids w/ Grandma & Grandpa Bezzant. We ran into them at the program and mom had to show me exactly where Aunt Carolyn's grave was... I was off a few rows and couldn't find it!




We had a FABULOUS day together! Just our little family went to the PG Cemetary for the program and to put flowers out. We visited several graves including my Grandma Bezzant's and my Aunt Carolyn's. Then we headed off to Macey's grocery store for donuts, did a few errands and then we picked up lunch and went to a local park to eat and play. It was such a nice day, Bryce and I could relax for a second and the kids could be completely wild! I snapped a few pictures of them having fun on the swings:


I couldn't get a close up of Abbey on the swings cause she was moving to fast for me to really capture a great shot so I had to settle for this cute one.

I love the pure expressions in these pictures. They had no idea I was taking them and it was so much fun watching them!




Bryce tried to teach Braxton how to pump on the swings and he wasn't completely interested. He would rather just have "underdog" pushes every 5 seconds. Bryce and Landen had a blast sharing a swing and you couldn't go high enough for Landen. Abbey also enjoyed getting up as high as she could go. She is great on the swings.

The evening ended w/ Bryce taking Braxton up A.F. Canyon for a motorcyle ride with Bryce's brother, Dustin and his little boy, Traegan. They had a great time. The rest of us hung out and home and chatted a bit with the neighbors.

We loved being able to go at our own pace all day and there wasn't one thing that we had to worry about being on time to. I get all choked up on Memorial Day (especially at the programs) when I think about all those people and their families who sacrificed so much for me to be able to do as I please with so many freedoms. I also think so much about the legacys different family members have set for us to follow, enjoy and reap the benefits of. I am truly blessed. It was a great day!

2 comments:

The Shelley Family said...

Beautiful post Amie :) I love the pics..the expressions...and how beautifully u expressed your feelings about memorial day :)
You have a cute family...

Annie Jane said...

What a cool day! It is neat to see more picture of your fam, plus your mom and dad. Jeez they look great, and their faces haven't changed a bit!