Thursday, October 8, 2009

Update to Life

I pretty much haven't posted anything that has happened since the middle of July! To say that I am a little bit behind would be quite the understatement!!! There is one MAJOR reason that I fell of the face of the earth at the end of July... WE ARE HAVING A BABY! Most of you know by now since we have run into each other at some time or another but I thought that I should make an official announcement. Life was turned upside down at our house as I was WAY more sick than I have been with ANY of my other pregnancies. On good days the minimum was done and not so much on the not so good days. I tried to stay as busy as possible to help the minutes tick by quicker but it was getting really frustrating to go to bed sick and wake up sick every single morning. Thankfully I am 16 weeks along now and feeling SOOOOO much better!!! The baby's due date is March 22nd and we get to go in for an ultrasound on November 3rd! I am really excited to find out if it is a boy or a girl. The kids want it to be a girl REALLY bad and it would be fun to have an even split of boys and girls in our family but it doesn't really matter to us. We are just really excited that this pregnancy seems to be going well cause we were extremely nervous that it would be another miscarriage. More updates will come as they happen (or within a few months of them happening! ;) )

As for life that still went on when I just wanted to roll over and die...

Abbey played soccer again this year and had a great season! They don't keep score at the games, but the girls do! :) I think that they won one game the whole season but that didn't curb their enthusiasm and sweetness with each other! Our teenage neighbor, Fritz Culp, was her coach and he was really sweet with all of the girls! We wish him the best on his mission in Peru!

Braxton has been riding his little motorcycle up in American Fork Canyon with Bryce and loves it! He is so excited that he can ride on some of the same single track that Bryce does! Landen also loved tagging along on the front of Bryce's bike and can't wait to go again! Abbey doesn't mind going either as long as she can just ride on the back with Bryce and doesn't ever have to drive the little motorcyle herself. (Sounds like me!)



Abbey and Braxton both started school and are LOVING it! Abbey is in the 2nd grade and loves Mrs. Champion. She is doing well in reading, loves math and is so excited that Mrs. Champion can keep things organized and in control in the classroom. I am starting to realize how bad things must have been with the intern she had as a 1st grade teacher since she is getting excited to not be late for lunch and small things like that!

Braxton is enjoying another year of preschool with Miss Heidi. This year though he gets to have his cousin and best friend, Porter, in the same class! It has been fun doing some of his homework games and he loves the individual attention. It does feel like you are taking your life into your own hands trying to play "Red light, Green light" with him though! He gets so excited to be the first one there that he practically punches your lights out to touch the cards! We are working on that one. Braxton does surprise me with the things that he thinks about randomly though. The other day he told me:

Braxton: I don't ever want to be a spider.
Me: Why not?
Braxton: Spiders get stepped on, squished and die before it is time for them to be dead. I don't want to be a bee either cause I step on those and squish them too.

I just loved that he thought about "dying BEFORE it was their 'time to be dead'". What makes him think about that stuff... who knows.

Landen has discoverd playing with cars. He will play with them all day and loves to bring a few of them anywhere he goes. He prefers matchbox cars and I think it is because he can carry them easily in his little hands and they fit into his pockets. Speaking of pockets... this morning I asked him to put his jacket away in the closet and he told me that he couldn't. He has been saying that "he can't" alot lately and I more sternly told him to do it. He looked up at me and then said, "I can't. My hands are in my pockets." I told him to take his hands out of his pockets and hang up his jacket. He said ok like I had just come up with an amazing idea and then went and did what I asked. I probably would have started laughing if it hadn't been a frustrating morning already. I am excited though that Landen has started going to the bathroom in the toilet a little bit! I can only hope that he will be potty trained before we have the baby! A few other things that come to my mind with Landen is... "I do it MYSELF," "Why?" and "MOM! Watch this!" about a zillion times a day. The joys of a 2 year old! :)

Bryce got a promotion that he wanted at T-Mobile. He will be managing a team of people that are across the nation and deal with the "indirect business sales" side of things. I really don't have any idea of truly what he will do but I know that it will require him to travel at least one day a week to somewhere other than Utah. I am not looking forward to that but he seems to be excited for a new challenge so we are going with it.

Anyway-I am sure that I have forgotten lots of things to say but something is better than nothing! I am lucky to have such a good life and hope it last forever!

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow Congrats on the pregnancy! That's awesome!

Bethie said...

congratulations!!!!!! #4:)

I hope that the rest of the pregnancy continues to be easier than the begininning

Rands Family said...

it was good to read your blog. We are excited to see what you are going to have. Let me know if you need anything.

meacham said...

Congrat! on your new arrival. I wish I would be having more grandchildren but I guess I should be thankful for the two that I have. They bring such a joy to our family.
Sorry that you have been so sick thats really stinks.
Maybe you can have the baby on Grandpa's Shelton's birthday LOL

Cheri' said...

Congrats on another little one! My fourth pregnancy was a lot harder than the rest. When it was finally over, I told Dave I couldn't do that anymore!

Celeste said...

Hello again! It was fun to read your update. I'm glad you are feeling better. Good luck with the new job Bryce!

Shannon said...

I understand on the feeling not so good days. Luckily it is all for a very good cause. I'll be joining you just a couple weeks later... April 13th for us!

Congratulations, and keep enjoying those beautiful kids! Lets get together again soon.