Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Happy Birthday to ME!


A few weeks ago I celebrated my 30th birthday! It seems weird to blog about my own birthday but it was such an awesome day that I just had to document it!

I had a million birthday wishes through phone calls, emails, text messages, posts on facebook and friends pop in to say hello! That made me feel good that so many people thought of me! The kids got up at 6:30 to make me an egg sandwich with a huge glass of milk and brought me breakfast in bed! (They made one for Bryce too! He doesn't eat breakfast and they didn't seem to notice cause after he took one bite they all asked for a bite and before you knew it... both of our sandwiches were gone. We didn't care since we finally weren't fighting them to eat and they weren't fighting with each other!) Bryce bought me a carpet cleaner that I wanted! He didn't want to get me something that I had asked for cause he likes to surprise me... but I HATE surprises! Anyway, we all got ready for the day, sent Abbey off to school and took the boys over to a neighbor's house to play. How cool is that?! My neighbor called and volunteered to watch the boys so Bryce and I could spend the morning together!!! As we went out to get into the car we found balloons all over the porch and a huge banner on my garage from a few of the other neighbor ladies! What great friends huh?! Anyway- Bryce took me shopping and then to Texas Roadhouse for lunch. I have been craving meat so bad this entire pregnancy and I definately ate my portion (and a few other people's portions too). We had a great time being alone and I found some cute clothes that I can fit into now! I then spent the afternoon at scrapbooking stores looking for paper to make cards out of while Bryce stayed home to work and let the boys have a nap. In the evening time lots of my family came over and we loaded up on cream puff dessert and rootbeer floats! Both of those sounded so good to me and since it was my birthday it didn't matter if they didn't really go together or not! I went to bed that night completely exhausted but feeling on top of the world. If turning 30 is this much fun... I can't wait for 40! Oh wait-- I didn't really just say that! I will wait!

Thanks to everyone who made my birthday fabulous! I really should list each person cause every little thing that was done for me that day meant so much to me! THANK YOU!!!

P.S. Landen must have known that I was getting frustrated about not having time to use my carpet cleaner yet cause tonight after I got him out of the tub he walked into his room, went over to the corner and peed on the carpet. Then he came and told on himself. What do you say to that? Well, I have now used my carpet cleaner!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

That is one sweet Birthday sign Amie! What awesome friend made that for you? That's hilarious that Landen peed on the carpet and then went and told you. What a funny kid! :)

meacham said...

I remember turning 30. Oh I hated it. So my loving hubby Robert, took me to Park City for the weekend. That made turning 30 a little easier. The rest of the birthday's after 30 were much easier, why I don't know.
I'm glad you had a great birthday, you deserve it.

Bezzant family said...

Such a fun day! Haven't you seen that video about the man who gets his wife a vacuum for her birthday? I'll have to send it to you it's hilarious!

The Shelley Family said...

I cant believe my baby sister is 30! You look amazing...you ARE amazing! You have some great (and creative) friends and are loved by MANY people! (guess u know that since u are the favorite ;)
LOL
Happy Birthday!