Sunday, October 18, 2009

Big Changes

I guess that the only constant thing in life is change and that is staying true at our house! I just got a new calling today... 2nd counselor in Relief Society! What a shocker!!! I about fell over dead when I realized that the bishopric wanted to talk me with Bryce and it was for ME! All day I kept going through possible callings that were open in the ward for Bryce and was 100% sure I was safe. I am about 1 month shy of being the primary president for a year. I definately didn't see this one coming. I had finally gotten into a groove and was really enjoying primary. I have been so blessed to have such a fabulous presidency!!! I will really miss working with Kathleen Haskell, Shanda Bezzant and Judy Moss. There is a bond and friendship that is developed that is undescribable and it makes me want to cry thinking about leaving that for the "unkown." I have also been blessed with fabulous teachers and leaders that magnify their callings and have made me sleep well at night knowing the love that they truly have for their classes and/or groups. I am sure that things in relief society will be great too but I don't really have experience with R.S. since I have spent most of my married life in primary and young women's. I guess it is time to dust off my "adventure boots" and get to work!

Other changes in our house... Landen has a "big boy" bed now and Abbey moved down to the basement bedroom! We are starting to shuffle things around as we get prepared for a baby to come to our house! 2 weeks and 1 day till we find out what we are having!!! (Not that I am counting down) Landen is excited to have a big bed and I still need to find him some cute bedding. At the moment he doesn't seem to care that he is sleeping on purple sheets but I just can't leave it that way! Abbey is also loving being downstairs. She practically has her own hotel sweet (minus the housekeeping) since she has a full bathroom just off of her bedroom. It will be weird to not hear her singing in the bathroom all of the time. Abbey cracks me up cause on days she doesn't have to hurry to school she likes to turn on the clock radio and crank up the mexican tunes. I feel like it is cherry picking season every Saturday and think that I am going to look out the window to see a family of Mexicans chattering away while they pick the trees clean!

Anyway, a few more hours till a jam packed week starts again! That is for the next blog entry though!

8 comments:

Brooke said...

Amie, I'm excited for your new calling. We will get to work together! Welcome to R.S. :)

meacham said...

Congrat. on your new calling.

Cheri' said...

Wow you are going to do great in Relief Society. I love when new callings come that we can learn and grow from. It's always exciting when changes happen in the house also. We are encountering this as well as Dylan gets his own room and Liam graduated to the bunk beds when we move in two weeks. It's so fun!

Celeste said...

Good luck. I'm sure you'll be great.

I'm excited to hear what you are having too!

Shannon said...

Can't they give you a little calling? You are expecting #4! You must be livin' right, girl! You'll likely enjoy the change of pace and lesson material too. I'd love to get back into RS, I've only been able to be in there for a total of 3 years since I turned 18.

And I hope everything looks good at the ultrasound!

Rands Family said...

That is great that you got a new calling. I am sure that you will do a good job. I like it when you can move you child to a BIG bed. We are excited to find out what you are having too. Let me know if you need anything.

The Shelley Family said...

WOW! WOW! WOW!
RS is gonna be lots of fun! Its weird going from Primary/Young Women to a group of your own peers...but I know you will do your best and be there for the very people who need u right now :) I am so glad u had such a good experience and formed such strong friendships in Primary :)
The kids are growing up so fast! I cant get over that Landen isnt in a crib anymore!
The only one I trust about CHANGE is God...(not OBAMA)lol...

Amie said...

Thank you all for your postitive comments! I really appreciate your support and love!!!