Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Spooktacular Family Night

With the chill in the air it was time to warm up with hot pizza & breadsticks... then freeze our fingers off digging guts out of pumpkins! Tis the Halloween season!

We had a blast making "monster" pizzas and carving pumpkins for family night. Landen was totally grossed out by the slimy feeling while the other two wanted to make sure every seed was saved to bake as a snack later. Abbey drew her face out for me to carve, Landen picked a picture of a jack-o-latern that he liked from the newspaper and Braxton took a totally different approach and did a snake. (He was listening to me tell Bryce that I saw a cool pumpkin carved into a snake.)












Sorry for the blurry picture-- I need to get a tripod for these kinds of shots!













4 comments:

Celeste said...

Looks like fun. I like the monster pizza idea. I may have to steal it for Halloween.

The pic of the boys with no shirts on is funny. Love the smiles. :)

Shannon said...

How fun! I love the pizza idea! Tonight we are having mummy dogs (like a pig in a blanket, but wrapped in dough strips like a mummy's) and carving our pumpkins. I love that nearly every night is family night!

The Shelley Family said...

I love the monster pizza idea! Dinner AND a craft all in ONE!
Looks like a really fun night :)

Toad said...

I love your monster pizza idea. I will have to remember that for next year. Looks like you had a fun night!