Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A much better day

Today went much better. I watch Braxton losing his temper and know that it comes from me and that is a kick in the gut. I recommitted myself to try and keep my cool when life happens and I did better today. It is probably due to Bryce praying for me this morning. I am glad that he thought of it cause I sure didn't! It was nice to get a text message from him wishing me a good day and that he prayed I would have a better day today. I am glad that one of us is in tune to ask for help from the perfect source! It was also nice to relieve a little bit of stress by going out to eat last night and not have that responsibility to worry about. We had fun picking out pumpkins at Lisa's house too. THANKS LISA! Our poor pumpkin plants all died and that was the only thing the kids really cared about growing! They did get excited though when our other stuff started producing though.

Abbey had school pictures today so we took the boys down to the school this afternoon to get theirs done too. Landen was a TOTAL stinker! He couldn't crack a smile to save his life even when we were just sitting on the chairs waiting for our turn. He watched several other kids laughing their heads off at the rubber chicken flying through the air as he kept a stone cold "look at me if you want to die" face the entire time. Then when it was actually HIS turn to sit on the stool he started kicking and screaming for the whole school to hear. I tried sitting next to him. It didn't matter. I calmly explained what she was going to do. He didn't care. I finally threatened him that if he didn't stop screaming and sit up to get his picture taken that he wasn't going to play on the playground outside at the school. Instantly the tears stopped and he sat up quietly with a force smile on his face. I don't think that she ever got a good smile but I guess we will see in a few weeks when we get the pictures back. I don't think that Landen will ever be tagged as a "people pleaser!" He doesn't care what you think... if he doesn't want to do it... he isn't doing it. I can barely get the kid to give me a hug now half the time. And this is coming from the kid that wouldn't let me have my own breathing space for the first year and a half of his life!

Anyway- I made a dent in the clutter of my house and hopefully can get the rest done tomorrow. The kids are in bed, dishes are done and I think that it is time for a hot bath to prepare for tomorrow!

1 comment:

The Shelley Family said...

I love reading about your day to day life :)
I crack up everytime...and feel empathy for you too :)
Hang in there Amie! It gets better!