Monday, August 17, 2009

A few days to ourselves

My mother-in-law offered to take our kids for a few days in July! How sweet is that!?! I had a million ideas run through my head on what I would do when I was by myself and I thought for sure I would take a nap each day... that one didn't happen... it is amazing how much LESS energy/sleep I need when I don't have kids to keep up with (both physically and mentally!)



Bryce and I tried to take full advantage of every moment that we had. We borrowed my dad's street bike and headed up the Provo Canyon for a drive. We ended up at Park City for a little shopping and some dinner. WHAT A BLAST! I LOVE motorcycles and the canyon was gorgeous! My rear end was not appreciating the ride as much as I did though!




Thursday morning we started off bright and early up AF canyon on Kellen's (my brother-in-law) dirtbike for a litle bit of single track. (Bryce was driving and I am on the back.) I have never been on those trails before. After the first half hour and praying to Heavenly Father that he help me live through this experience of creek crossings, steep uphills with HUGE jagged rocks and wicked skinny trails we came to some nice grassy fields and beautiful scenery. That must have made me forget the first part cause I was crazy enough to go back again w/ Bryce on Saturday. More about that in a minute. We ended up having a great time. I did come home and soak in the tub for a while cause my body didn't appreciate getting bumped around so much and again my rear end didn't like the tuff seat on the motorbike. A little bit of lunch with my sister, Karen, and my mom made things a lot better. Then we headed off to get our toes painted! This was a first time for my mom (and a still a special treat for me since I am such a cheapskate). We had lots of fun talking and laughing as I tried not to squirm out of my chair from being so ticklish every time they would touch my feet! The night ended with Blackberry sponsoring dinner and a movie in Salt Lake with Bryce (and about 30 people from T-Mobile!) I love free movies! :)




With all of our running around we spent a relaxing Friday watching a movie on the couch (in the morning!!!), grilling up some steaks for lunch and heading down to Fairview, UT to watch Deric (Karen's husband) drive in the demolition derby! That was a BLAST!!! They had fireworks set to music for the 24th of July celebration and it was a picture perfect night. One like you see in the movies.


Deric is the #8 car. He just hit the gray car and knocked it up on 2 wheels for a bit. What entertainment!!! :)

Saturday morning I was wiped out and somehow agreed to go with Bryce one more time on the dirtbike up AF canyon. He took me on the East Ridge Trail (should be named trail of death!) to show me all of the cool things that he has had a chance to see. I was tired, scare to death and we now both agree that it wasn't the best place to take me. I don't like to see my life flash before my eyes every few seconds or to wish that I would just die so my rear end wouldn't hurt any more! It is an experience that I can say that I had and won't ever have to do it again. I can't believe that he likes to ride on those kinds of trails... and he thinks it is fun!!!

We made it home and headed up to Idaho to go get the kiddos. They were having so much fun at grandma's house that they didn't want to leave but vacation was over (for all of us). It was a hard reality on Monday morning when they had to do chores and I didn't have a quiet moment in the house!


THANK YOU to Trish for a wonderful time to myself and for having so much fun with the kids!!! I can't tell you how nice that was!

5 comments:

Rands Family said...

Sounds like you had a fun time with out the kids. I am looking forwad to the time that we get to be by ourseves. It was fun to have you over and lookforwad to seeing you again.

Celeste said...

Looks like fun! I love Bryce's jacket in the street bike jacket :)

meacham said...

Man you make me jealous, I could get off on riding a bike, but Robert says were to old for that. (Speak for your self) hehe.

The Shelley Family said...

Glad u had a blast and took FULL advantage of some free time! U totally deserved a few days to yourself!
Deric really appreciated all the great pictures u took of the derby!

Toad said...

What a great chance to spend time with your hubby. I must say though, ever since you went for a bike ride with Bryce, Brook thinks I need to go with him. I told him it would be too scary and too uncomfortable. Now I can let him know it's true. Who knows, I might give in one day :)