Friday, April 24, 2009

Lucky Me


Sunday afternoon I walked into the office to put some stuff away and the carpet was SOAKING WET! I instantly backed up to the laundry room where I could hear the toilet running... 2 inches of water all over the floor! I frantically started cleaning it up and was grateful that it only went 1/2 way across the office floor. I double checked to make sure that it hadn't gotten to the closet where I have all my pictures stacked in cardboard boxes (on the floor) and was relieved to see that they were safe.... or so I thought. It has been almost a week now and everything dried out great and we haven't had any other issues. I opened the closet door today to discover the box that held my ENTIRE CHILDHOOD sopping wet and crushed under the weight of 4 other boxes of pictures! The cardboard must have wicked the water from the carpet to itself. I panicked! Luckily the box took most of the water and the pictures should actually survive the whole ordeal. A few were sticking together from the moisture but I keep fanning them to seperate them. It is crazy to think that I could have lost my entire childhood worth of pictures in a matter of minutes and they would be gone forever! I finally sorted them into years this last November with the intent to do digital scrapbooks of them... then came Primary and those kind of projects have taken the back burner to keep up with everything else that is going on.


Well, I am glad that it looks like it will all work out. It makes me want to start my digital scrapbook tonight! (Especially since Bryce is gone for the weekend to a motorbike race he is doing in Montana!.... but then who would take care of the kids????) So it won't be happening this weekend.


1 comment:

Shannon said...

OH NO! Sorry you had to deal with that Amie!