Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I Have a Social Butterfly ...A Kissing Butterfly

Yesterday I decided to get rid of the textbook sized stack of papers that Abbey keeps hauling around in her backpack. I tried to peak at most of the papers so that I could talk to her about some of the stuff and keep tabs on things I might have been missing out on (since Abbey doesn't like to actually GIVE me any school notes.) I made it about 1/2 way through her stack when I came across two apology letters to Abbey from boys in her class. I wished that I would have saved them to get their exact words down but they were basically apologizing for holding her hand at recess and fighting over who would get to marry her!!! WHAT!?!? A few weeks ago I had to have a discussion with her cause a different boy in her class was kissing her on the cheek at school and holding hands with her during recess. We chatted about how she wasn't old enough to be doing those things and she told the boy (Burke) to stop... which he did. I HAD to ask Abbey about these notes so this morning she filled me in while we did her hair. I guess Burke, Titus and Kyle have all been fighting over who can marry Abbey and pulling on her arms at recess to get her to hold their hands. She acted like it was no big deal. I tried to not show her the HUGE smile I had on my face as she told me the story and held back a laugh as I pictured these 3 boys fighting over my sweet little girl. I thought that girls and boys had cooties till Jr. High or High School?! Anyway- I guess Mrs. Collins found out what was happening and had the boys write a note of apology to Abbey. This is definately something that I didn't think I would be dealing with in 1st grade!

3 comments:

Bethie said...

that is soooo cute!!! you guys have your hands full with your beautiful daughter:) this will make a great story when she is older and dating

Unknown said...

wow! I'm so glad that the boys at Millie's school only chase her around the playground and vise versa! I don't think I'm ready for that yet!

The Shelley Family said...

She is darn CUTE! Those boys have good taste in girls! :) I am glad u wrote this down...its gonna be SO fun to look back and remember!
Abbie is a darling girl...and she knows how to take care of herself!
Good Luck!