Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Pure torture

I went to the orthodontist this morning for my last adjustment appointment for my braces!!! I have been very conservative to only get the neutral "pearl" colored rubber bands and said that on my last time I would break out of my little shell and do a bold color... so I DID!! With St. Patrick's day next week I went with "Shamrock Green" rubber bands. Wow are they green! (I will have to post a picture in a few days when I can get Bryce home to take one for me to prove that I actually did break out of my shell!) I only have to wear them for a week and a half and then my braces come off completely!!! There is one small and VERY painful catch... I have to wear these horrible "W" shaped rubber bands and my mouth is absolutely killing me! I can't open my mouth enough to fit anything in to snack on and Tylenol doesn't come close to dulling the pain. Needless to say, my mouth hurts so bad that I don't notice the aches in my legs and the rest of my body nearly as much! :) I have had to tell myself all day, "I can do this! 12 more days and I won't ever have to do this again!" That has helped slightly. I can't wait to be brace free!!!

I also got to go to the regular doctor this morning for my baby appointment. Things are still going well. I asked him for advice on how to help my swelling feet, ankles and legs. His response, "Have your baby!" Well thanks a whole lot for that one! He also said that I could wear support stockings (like my mom keeps telling me to do... grrr) and to keep my feet elevated several times a day. I have been trying to do that but life doesn't really cooperate too much with this one. And it doesn't really seem to help much. The other bummer is that I have one pair of jeans that fit and the rest of my clothes don't really cover the elephant legs. It is wash day tomorrow so watch out neighborhood... my legs will be exposed! If it stays as cold as it was today I will be wearing my winter boots around w/ my capris! (I won't document that w/ a picture) :)

3 comments:

The Shelley Family said...

Awww! I am sorry your mouth is hurting SOooooo badly! IMO its cruel to just let patients suffer for the sake of braces!
Make sure to smile big on St Patricks day so i dont pinch ya ;)
I am so excited for you to finally get your braces off! We should have a huge buffet of foods/candies that u have wanted but couldnt have :)
Hang in there!!!

Celeste said...

It will be worth it...It will be worth it...It will be worth it...Just keep telling yourself that ;)

meacham said...

O come on Amy share your legs with us. I'm sure your strecting that their that big.
Looking forward to seeing pictures of your little one