Saturday, February 27, 2010

Living large... my legs that is...


Have you seen elephant feet/legs? Mine are resembling those lately. (The get wider the closer to your toes you get!) The past few days they have decided that they need to swell up constantly! I am lucky that almost knee high winter boots are still fashionable cause that helps hide these unsightly things! Last night while getting ready for bed I took my socks off only to have a PERFECT sock pattern indented in my legs and ankles. The socks had helped suction in that part of my leg a bit but it still resembled an old fashioned rollercoaster with lots of ups and downs in. I should have taken a picture cause it was sad and hilarious at the same time. My mom keeps telling me to wear compression socks and I just can't bring myself to go to down that road. I will give my legs a bit of credit today though cause they didn't get a break at all. I finally had a day of no appointments or anywhere I had to be and I cleaned ALL day from 7:30 this morning till 9 pm tonight. I got all sorts of things done! All the sheets are washed on the beds, kitchen floor cleaned (I had to wait till the kids went to bed for this one cause I get so disappointed knowing it gets ruined 20 seconds after I am done when they are awake. At least this way it will be at least 6-8 hours before a spill happens!), some dusting done, house vacuumed, garage swept out, lots of picking up, etc... It was amazing the energy I had today! It has been SO long since I have been able to do all of those things in a day. I could barely walk upstairs to shower but I made it!!! Unfortunately there is still more to do (bathrooms and such) but who needs to worry about at this moment?!


On to other things. Last night Bryce and I were able to finally go out for Valentine's Day! He took me up to Park City to do some shopping and have a little dinner. I have been looking for a bag to use as a diaper bag and I wanted something that fit my personality and could handle all of the horrible beatings I put it through. I found one online at Wilson's Leather and of course the only store in Utah is in Park City! He was sweet to happily take me up there and act interested as I also looked for nursing bras. I did about pass out though when he suggested looking in Banana Republic for a pair of dress shoes for him!!! I couldn't believe it! Here is the man that would rather throw up than go into that store and he suggested going in! Needless to say that we ended up finding him some shoes for a great deal there. (I love the outlets cause it is the only time I can afford to even browse that store!) I am sure that he will still joke and tease, "Is that cashmere???" when I buy something from there. We were in there one time when a guy went nuts over a cashmere scarf he saw that was more money that my entire outfit I had on. Anyway... after shopping we went to an italian restaurant that we had a buy one get one free coupon for. Its a good thing that we had a coupon! I have never been to a restaurant this nice before! The first questions asked were, "Do you have a reservation?" and "Can I check in your coat for you?" Definitely not our style of places we like to go but the food was REALLY good and it worked out price wise with our coupon. We probably were one of the only ones in the restaurant not drinking wine though! Glad the ice water was free! :) We had a great time and a memorable experience.

3 comments:

Cristy said...

Were you "nesting" today? That better not be the BURST of energy moms supposedly get right before going in to labor... you have to at least wait until AFTER our pedicures next week! ;) Way to go on cleaning your house! We cleaned today too, but I don't think we got quite as much done as you did!

Rands Family said...

That stinks that your feet/leggs are swolen. Mabye you will have to break out some flip flops that you had to ware with abbie. LOL! I hope all goes well.

Bethie said...

Amie-
post a picture of yourself! I want to see this cute belly of yours:)