Monday, March 22, 2010

No More Brace Face!

When I just got my braces on. Not the most attractive picture of me but at least I documented it! :) --Thanks to Bryce's camera phone!









Today after my braces came off! Yet another camera phone pic since I am too tired to go upstairs to get our nice camera.


The day finally came! After 2 1/2 years of torture my braces finally came off today! I was so excited that I didn't really sleep last night. I also had butterflies in my stomach all morning till I got to my appointment cause I was worried that there would be some sort of problem and I would have to still have them on. Luckily I was all set to go and I didn't have to leave the office crying like the girl in the chair next to me did. I now have lovely retainers that I am not too fond of but I will wear them cause I am not going to do braces again! I truly am glad that I did it though cause I love how much better my teeth look now! I can't believe that I waited so long to get them but I am glad that we could afford them now.

We celebrated tonight by going to Texas Roadhouse for dinner and it was fabulous! I love being able to eat and nothing is stuck in my mouth!!! I chowed down and now I am completely stuffed! Next on my "to-do list".... have this baby!!! I am not having any major contractions but I can't walk anymore! I could swear that he is going to fall out. Even from Saturday till today it is much worse. I about died tonight to sit on the carpet to fold laundry with the kids. I go back to the doctor on Wednesday morning so we will see if I am moving along any more. I was really hoping to not make it to that appointment but I highly doubt anything will happen by then.

I am exhausted tonight and going to go crash on the couch.

7 comments:

Brooke said...

Hooray!!! They look great. I am so happy for you and am glad you went out to eat to celebrate! Now on to the baby...

Jeanie said...

Yay! I'm glad you were able to get them off finally. They look really nice! And hopefully you won't make it to your appointment Wednesday even though you're having doubts. ;D

Lisa said...

Whoo Hoo! You look Fabulous! I loved getting my braces off, I loved how CLEAN it felt!

The Shelley Family said...

Hooray! U look amazing =)
Now...its TIME TO HAVE A BABY!
I love that you went and celebrated at Texas Roadhouse!
Let us know what else u are craving!
I am so proud of ya for hanging in there! (esp at the end when it was super ouchy and lots of crazy rubber bands)
I hear that watching my kids can throw a person into labor (just ask lori) hehe

Shannon said...

You've always been gorgeous, now that smile makes you even more so. Congratulations on being braces-free!!!

Tomorrows to do: Chew caramels and eat popcorn (and do a few jumping jacks.. it just may work!)

Hang in there, you are close!

Fairbourn Family said...

I am so excited for you!!! Now it's time for little mason to come. We will pray that he comes before tomorrow if not we will pray that he comes soon, obviously he is extremley cozy in there. :) Let us know what we can do to help.

Amie said...

Thanks for all of your sweet comments! You make my day!