Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween 2011

We have officially completed our marathon weekend of Halloween! It started Thursday with Landen's preschool party, Friday's family Halloween party at Karen's house, Saturday was full of parties for Abbey and we finished it all of with a grand finale for today. It started with the cute costume parade at the elementary school, then off to take care of a funeral luncheon for a sweet little old man in our neighborhood, dashed off to trick-or-treat at Lisa's office, visited Hannah Ormond and Joe, trick-or-treated the neighborhood (in absolutely fantastic weather!!!), dashed off to Uncle John's & Aunt Christina's, Grandma & Grandpa Bezzant's, the spook alley at "Grandma Walker's" and we finished off with a stop to Karen's. What a night! I am SO exausted!!! We had a blast and the kids came home with an enormous haul of candy! They can't stop talking about all of the fun they had. This was the first year I didn't make them sit down and eat a real dinner. They ate so much candy that they had no appetite. It was actually nice to not fight them to eat--just this once! This was also the first time that I let Braxton and Abbey run off through the neighborhood all by themselves. They did almost the entire thing before it got dark. They literally RAN from house to house enjoying the "big kid"freedom and the chocolate greed running through their veins. This holiday rivals Christmas in the eyes of my kids.
I wished we could have stopped and visited everyone we wanted. There just wasn't enough time and once I sat down in the car tonight- my energy hit a brick wall. It was game over for me! I think my high heeled boots that I have had ALL day didn't help that.
Such fun times! Thank you to everyone to put on such fun things. Karen threw an awesome party full of fabulous food, great pumpkin carving and a fantastic fishing pond!
I am now off to bed. I promise myself that I will do quick and easy posts so that I will actually post something so enjoy the one picture I uploaded from my phone for Halloween. :) It is of the kids with our good friend, Hannah Ormond. *Abbey is a black cat. *Braxton is a ninja (but he didn't like to wear the mask) *Landen was batman--as he slowly lost pieces of his costume all night. *Mason was a lion. Cute stuff and we didn't have to do makeup!! Yipee!!!

No comments: