Saturday, April 3, 2010

Mason is here!!!

Waiting for the nurse to come and get everything started.





























































Abbey, Braxton, Mason & Landen.













All dressed and ready to come home!






























































The kids made us a sign to welcome me and Mason home!













On Tuesday March 30, 2010 Mason T Christensen made his arrival! Dr. Mower had scheduled me to go in and he would break my water. We went in at 8:15 am and I was having consistent contractions so we were off to a good start! Things progressed steadily throughout the day and by 5:15 it was show time! We had to wait for the doctor to come to the hospital and change his clothes. After a few pushes he was here! First thing that they mentioned was that he was a fiesty one... probably cause he started crying quickly and wiggling. He was born at 5:28 pm, weighed 8 lbs 1 oz and 20 inches long. He has Bryce's little chin, my earlobes, I think he has my lips but overall looks alot like Landen. He also has cubby cheeks and little fat rolls on his arms and legs. He ate really good at the beginning and then decided that he wanted to sleep TONS the 2nd day. This made him lose weight and we have had to do some follow-up appointments to check his bilirubin levels and weight.



The moment we came home Mason decided that he had had enough of sleeping at night. He likes to be awake from about 10:30 pm till 6 am. He will cry if he is not being held or fed. He is gaining weight and was circumcised today at the doctor's office. He did really well. He LOVED the sugar water and didn't make a peep as long as they kept the sugar coming. I still had them numb him and we gave him some Tylenol right after. He has slept the entire time since we left the office. I think we will have another long night coming. I am glad that event is over with.


The moment Mason was born I instantly felt such love for him and that he was part of the family. After all the worrying and wondering I had done about how it would be to add a baby to our little bunch... it went right out the window and things just feel right to have him here.


The other kids seems to be adjusting well. Abbey LOVES to hold Mason. Braxton is starting to show some interest. Landen doesn't really care a whole lot. He likes to hold him for about 30 seconds a day and other than that, he is happy to be doing his own thing.

6 comments:

Cristy said...

He's SO, SO adorable! And you, my dear, look FABULOUS! Sorry about the sleep thing... if you need some good movies to watch at night, let me know and I'll send some over! ;) Love you!

Stephanie said...

Those are some awesome pictures!! I'm way impressed you've posted on your blog already! I mean it's not like you have 4 kids now and are still recovering! He's so adorable. He looks really alert too. I hope you get to sleep some, I feel for ya! Hang in there mom!

meacham said...

Have you tried giving him a bath at night to see if that will help him to sleep more at night? (Well since he could have a bath)

The Shelley Family said...

Welcome little Mason!!! I am so excited to have this cute, new little nephew to love on and to spoil!!! He is scrumptious!!! I love his darling blue eyes :)
oh...and his chunky rolls!
Congratulations Amie and Bryce!!! U do look amazing as always Amie! (i am serious) I am here to help in anyway I can! So please call me for ANYTHING!!! Love YA!

Shannon said...

LIttle Mason is sooo beautiful! Good work you guys! I am glad that the labor and delivery went smoothly too. I understand about the nights being mixed up... Oliver started doing better when we did his sponge bath at night. That wears him right out (and makes him smell sooo yummy!). I love, love, love having a newborn. I can tell you all do to.

Sending my love! I am just tickled that our little boys were born the same day! How fun.

Bethie said...

he is so cute! I am so glad that you both are doing well. you look amazing by the way!!!!