Sunday, February 15, 2009

I Love...

Valentine's Day makes me think about the people that I love... and the things that they love. I try to make the day special (and have probably gone a little overboard cause they expect something cool to happen every minute of the day) but we have fun. I know that I get a little "wordy" with things so I am cutting myself off now and just listing some things that my Valentine's love:

Bryce loves...
*Dirt bikes
*Electronics
*Taking REALLY long baths (2 or more hours)
*Playing with the kids
*Doing absolutely NOTHING!
*Watching movies
*Me and our family (he said to put this one down)...I believe him :)

I love how patient and thoughtful Bryce is. He gives me the best homemade cards with a million reasons he loves and appreciates me. He always opens my door for me and ALWAYS gives me a hug and a kiss before he leaves for work (or anywhere else he is going.)

Abbey loves...
*Gum
*Drawing, coloring, making cards
*Playing school and house (she always wants to be the mom or teacher)
*Doing math
*Baking treats with me
*Riding bikes
*Talking & Singing
*Sharing her stuff with everyone!
*Doing her own hair
*Putting on make-up (when she is allowed)
*Fruits and Veggies!

Abbey is so kind hearted and is always willing to help and think of other people. If we make treats of any sort she usually has a few people in mind that we should share them with. She cracks me up though cause she won't drink the chocolate milk at school cause "she doesn't want to eat too much sugar in one day." What kid even thinks about this???? She is a good helper and is very tender hearted.

Braxton loves...
*Super heros (Incredible Hulk, Superman, Indiana Jones, etc...)
*To pretend to be super heros
*Watching TV - you have to pull him away or he would watch all day.
*Playing sports- especially going to "Itty Bitty Ball" with his dad
*Teasing Landen
*Motorcycles (and going on rides with his dad)
*Sugar - this kid can't get enough treats!
*Wrestling
*Music
*Fruit and veggies (though he will try ANYTHING)

Braxton is full of energy and enthusiasm. It gets hard to focus his energy on positive things sometimes but he has a hug and a kiss that just melts your heart. He looks up to so many people and wants to do just what they do. He told me the other day that he wanted to "quit preschool and work at T-Mobile with Bryce all day." Not going to happen but I am glad that he loves his dad and wants to be just like him!

Landen loves...
*To run and jump on everything!
*Motorcyles (no ride is ever long enough. If he gets tired he just falls asleep riding)
*To dance to music (even constrained in his carseat his head, arms and legs are flying all over the place when the radio is on)
*To talk... though he is really shy with almost everyone!
*Splashing in the bathtub
*Sugar and treats - can't ever get enough
*Bananas- they are his favorite food (along with most other frutis)
*To suck all of his toothpaste off his toothbrush and then suck it out of the toothpaste container. We have to watch out for this one!
*Balls and playing sports
*Light switches
*Shaving with his dad
*Tractors, dogs & kitties

Landen just cracks us up. He is so funny with his expressions and his sneaky little ideas. It is hard to get mad at him when he smiles from ear to ear. He always wants his bumps and bruises kissed better. He can spot a piece of lint from across the room and has to bring it to me to throw in the garbage (a little bit like his mother and sister!) He always wants to be doing what everyone else is doing and hates to have naps or go to bed.

I am lucky to have such great Valentine's in my life! I love them to death!

2 comments:

The Shelley Family said...

I have tears in my eyes reading this Amie! U have such a sweet family and u hare such a good mom! It is always nice to sit back and think of what is GOOD about the ones we love most! I was just thinking I needed to do that with my kids tonight..(thanks for coming and getting hannah)
Love You guys! Thanks for the yummy brownies!

Celeste said...

That was fun to read. It was a great idea that I think I'm going to have to steal, since I haven't blogged about Valentine's yet.

I love the toothpaste and candy comment about Landen. It really reminded me of Conrad.