Thursday, February 12, 2009

Awesome Experience!



Last Friday we took the kids to the Draper Temple Open House and it was AWESOME! All of the kids were so well behaved and I wished that I would have been able to get a picture of Landen walking through the temple with his arms folded just looking at everything! They loved it and knew that it was such a special place to be. Braxton kept looking for Jesus while we were there. I told him that it was Jesus' house and he can come to the temple... he wanted to "shake his hand" REALLY bad.

The best part of the trip was being in the Celestial Room with my little family! The Spirit was so strong in there. I asked the kids what they thought and Abbey and Braxton both answered that they had a good / happy feeling there. They couldn't stop staring at the huge chandelier. We sat down in a few chairs and I was surprised at how long they wanted to stay and just sit... no talking... no treats... just feeling the Spirit. It was all I could do to not start crying thinking about how much I loved my family and how I want to be with them for eternity. It was a really special day and I am glad that we took the time to go!

4 comments:

The Shelley Family said...

That is SO sweet...I am glad it was such a good experience for ALL of you!
I cried just reading your post! Your kids are the sweetest little kids :)

Oma said...

How special. I hope you wrote about it in your journal. WOW!

Celeste said...

That's great you guys got to go to the openhouse. That will be a day for the memorybooks.

Shannon said...

When Jeff and I took our little guys I too was overcome with emotion. As we all stood in the celestial room TOGETHER, there was nothing clearer or more important than being able to really be in the celestial state together forever. I couldn't keep my tears at bay. And my boys were so serene and in awe at the things they saw, learned and discovered that day. It was one of the best family outings we've had.