Monday, January 12, 2009

Juggling January

January has started off on the right foot! On New Year's Day we were able to take the kids and Grandma and Grandpa Christenen miniature golfing at Trafalga and then to dinner at KFC. We had a BLAST!!!

After the holidays were over it was time to get back to work. This last week I spent the entire week (mostly in my pj's and no make-up) cleaning the house. It was nice to spend some time at home (after we have had a crazy December with a million fun activities) and get a few things cleaned up. It is a good thing that I spent some time doing some deep cleaning cause everything else looks back to normal today with laundry to fold and dishes to do! Such is life! :)

In all of my efforts to clean up... I worked up a little bit of an appetite and I didn't want to be wasteful with any of the Christmas treats that were sitting around so I had to take care of those myself. Man.. chocolate is so FABULOUS!!! I guess I am just making sure that I stay motivated to use the elliptical so that we didn't waste our money and I don't have to dust one more thing!! I do want to blame Braxton a little bit for the sugar binge cause he kept begging me all day to open the treats that we hadn't eaten yet so that he could have "just a taste" and I fell for it. It probably wasn't too hard to talk me into it though.

I am neck deep in Primary stuff and it is tuff to balance everything that needs attention in my life. Hopefully it will all work out and the kids and Bryce won't feel neglected too much. I love being in primary though and absolutely love to hear the songs! Nothing could be more precious!

Our nerves have been on edge all day while we were waiting to hear back from BYU-Idaho to see if Bryce won the deal to be their cell phone provider. Things aren't looking good since we were supposed to hear back this afternoon and no phone call came. It would be one of the biggest deals done at once w/ T-Mobile. He has spent so much time getting all of the details together for the proposal so I hope that his efforts will be rewarded... but if it doesn't work out... such is the life of sales! :(

Can I just say how much I love seeing the sun! It was so nice to have it come out for a bit today and the snow is melted off of most of the driveway. It makes me have spring fever and if winter is going to stick around for a while, I wish it would just keep snowing so that I don't get my hopes up to have them dashed. I need to remember that it is Utah and I can't expect spring in the month of January! (I haven't minded the break from shoveling the snow though!!!)

No comments: