Sunday, November 29, 2009

Lots to be thankful for...

Warm sunny weather and swimming on Thanksgiving Day... what more could I ask for? We were lucky enough to be able to to go Arizona to visit my brother, Dave, his wife, Lori, and their sweet little girl, Ila. We had a BLAST! We were so busy having so much fun that I didn't ever dig our camera out to take any pictures so I only have a few from my phone. The kids loved our stop in Las Vegas as we went to M&M World and stayed at the Excalibur. I have some fantastic air hockey players! We also had tons of fun swimming and playing with all of the cousins. Here is a few pictures of Bryce w/ the kids:










It was great to spend lots of time w/ my side of the family. We live close to almost everyone but don't really hang out w/ the whole group much.





To top off our trip to Arizona we had to make a trip to the local hospital. The night before we were leaving I got in a car accident w/ the kids. It was after 10:30 pm and the kids were tired so I decided to go put them to bed and let Bryce finish watching a football game w/ the guys. We were heading the 2 blocks from Dave's house to the hotel when a girl ran a red light and I t-boned her going about 40 mph. It is crazy that we all walked away from the accident with only a few bruises. I got to spend the night at the hospital while they made sure our baby was ok and no preterm labor will come from all of this. He is doing well and they verified that it is for sure a boy and a VERY active one at that. The car didn't fair so well and it is now making a junk yard in Arizona its new home. We feel so fortunate and blessed that we were watched over. Definately a weekend of thanks!





Here are a couple of pictures that Bryce took from his phone:

Can anyone find my front license plate?! :) We never did find it.



Only these few marks from such an event!


I loved that car and want another one. This next one I want to keep a bit longer though!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! That is so scary!! I am so glad that everyone is ok!!

The Shelley Family said...

I am SO glad u are ALL okay! Love u!

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh those pictures are scary!! I'm so glad everyone and especially the baby, are ok!!!

Celeste said...

Sorry to hear! That was crazy! We are all glad guys were ok.

Cheri' said...

Wow that car is thrashed! I'm so glad you are all OK. It's always fun to spend time with cousins especially in warm weather.

Shannon said...

Oh my! I am glad you survived to tell the tale and that you were all okay. I'd imagine you are quite shaken up. It looks like a bad one.