Friday, December 17, 2010

Halloween 2010










































So right now it is a week before Christmas and I am finally getting around to blogging about Halloween! Better extremely late than never!




We had a fantastic Halloween this year! The kids all picked out easy costumes and no makeup involved! What more could a mom ask for???? As you can see from the pictures Mason was a spider, Landen was a skateboarding guy, Braxton was karate kid, Abbey was the cowgirl, Jessie from Toy Story and Bryce was a cowboy with a 100% geuine real handlebar mustache. He worked for quite some time carefully growing out his goate to make this special trim for Halloween. (Sorry his picture is turned sideways.) I was a bummer this year and didn't dress up.




This year we allowed the kids to do a lot more of the actual carving on their jack-o-lanterns. It is fun to see their styles, patience levels and creativity. They all did a great job and I loved seeing them on the steps all lit up. Bryce was busy helping the other three kids while I got to sit down and carve Mason's. It was a blast! I wish that I would have had hours to carve cause I would like to do something crazy but I will take the 20 minutes of personal arts and crafts time that I can get right now!




Trick-or-treating, class parties, school parades, pumpkin carving and a special Halloween dinner at Grandma Bezzant's house made this holiday one to remember. Especially the dinner! Joe made us ribs, Lisa did finger breadsticks that looked like real fingers... fingernail polish, knuckle wrinkles and the works! They were horrible... and delicious all at the same time! I made jello worms that truly looked like real earthworms, a little chocolate milk "snail slime" and carmeled apples. We made everyone try at least one worm. Let's just say that nobody went back for seconds even though they tasted fine. Even I couldn't get over the look of them. My mom made "ghost guts" mashed potatoes and something else that I can't remember. Oh- Bryce just sent me the picture of the worms... see below:
We had a "spooktacular" good time!

No comments: