Monday, November 15, 2010

The world is his canvas...

...or at least he thinks the bathroom is! Landen was supposed to be upstairs brushing his teeth but of course that wasn't happening. He can't seem to follow through on stuff very often and complete a task without getting distracted. I am not sure if it is just his age, personality or a combination of both. I wasn't too surprised when I came up from changing laundry and found him goofing off. I was a bit surprised though to find crayon artwork in the sink and on the toilet seat. I tried to take pictures but the camera couldn't focus in on it. GRRRR!!!! It could have been worse. I am glad it wasn't permanent marker or something. I had to come and blog for a minute while I take a breather and go back to calmly get him out of time out and have him scrub it off. I am working hard on not losing my temper. I have to work extra hard on a Monday morning. Abbey and Braxton didn't really ever color on stuff that wasn't paper.. but LANDEN... different story. I still know he could be WAY worse about it.

My time-out is over and it is back to business.

4 comments:

Celeste said...

I am in the same shoes as you! Jackson is always coloring anywhere if he finds even the tiniest crayon. The other kids never colored on anything either. Hailey did it once. It is so frustrating and a huge pain to get off. I am working on trying not to lose my temper. (HHHmmm same wave length) Good Luck!!!

Fairbourn Family said...

Amie haven't you seen our lovely couches. Whitney got a hold of a orange crayon and travis gave her a pen, she has also created pictures on the wall too. I understand everything you feel. :)

The Shelley Family said...

I think Landen is Porter's "understudy" lol =) Do u guys need to borrow any shoe polish? hehe
I swear its a 3rd child thing...Tyson wrote on something once...I dont remember Mikayla doing it...but holy HANNAH!!! She drew on walls..tables..washer's...
and then there is Porter. good thing these kiddos are CUTE!!!
I am so glad for u that it was only crayon this time! Keep Smiling!!!

meacham said...

Well let me tell you a little story about your cousin Jenna. When she was around maybe 3/4 she decided she didn't like the color of her walls. So she got some crayons and started coloring. She colored two walls and went up as high as she could.
When I told her that she was the one that was going to have to clean it up. (luckly they made a earser that took it off) cause nothing else would. Well Troy heard her crying and he went in and helped her clean the wall up.