Monday, June 15, 2009

He Did It!


Braxton finally earned Splinter! The Easter Bunny gave Braxton and Landen each a Ninja Turtle in their Easter baskets. They loved them and it made Braxton want the rest of the collection. He had a hard time saving money cause he would lose it, Abbey would con it out of him (give him a penny for his quarter... little stinker) or spend it on gum/treats. Since his system wasn't working I made him a chart w/ boxes on it for every 25 cents till he reached the $8.50 mark. Anyway- Braxton had to do extra chores (after his regular chores were done) to earn a box marked off... and it wasn't easy. Unloading the dishwasher was worth 2 boxes, cleaning the toilet (inside and out) was one box, etc... Somedays he would knock out several boxes and other days he had no interest. It has been a long road for this kid but it was SOOO much fun to see him be so excited today when he could mark off the last boxes!!! He sat and colored in his boxes for about 3 minutes to get them nice and dark so we could all see that he was finished (and he didn't want Splinter down from the top of the freezer till he finished coloring).
Braxton- we are so proud of you for sticking to it! WAY TO GO!!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to go Braxton! I'm still working on a chart for millie to quit sucking her thumb. I think it's our 3rd or so attempt...wish she had that kind of motivation.

The Shelley Family said...

Way to go Braxton! I am so proud of you!
Angi...i sucked my fingers for a long time...(4-5 yearsish) and my grandma told me that if i quit sucking my fingers she would give me a ring! that did the trick....though i do remember catching myself sucking my fingers few times!
Back to Braxton...that took ALOT of hard work buddy....ALOT! enjoy your new toy!

Unknown said...

Way to go Braxton!!! Way to stick to it. Love Grandma and Grandpa

Stephanie said...

Good job Braxton! This is probably something he'll remember for a long time! And good job Mom for coming up with a system that works!

Celeste said...

Looks like fun!!! Conrad would have loved the fishing. They look like they had a blast.