Wednesday, March 25, 2009

My Goal Has Been Met!



I have been married for almost 10 years and for one reason or another couldn't seem to go snow skiing. We were either too poor, I was pregnant or had a newborn baby that couldn't be left that long to go... So this year was MY YEAR and gosh darn it... I wanted to go skiing AT LEAST once this year! The winter didn't start off looking so great time wise though. At the beginning of November I was called as the Primary President for our ward, Christmas came and we all know what that entails, we spent most of January with really sick kids so when February came I had planned to go skiing with Bryce for Valentine's Day!!! :) Well... about a week before Valentine's Day he went for a motorbike ride with his buddies and seriously hurt his knee. I knew that he was truly hurt when he decided to go to the doctor. He didn't do anything too extremely serious but couldn't really walk on it and was told not to do anything on his knee that would require it to be stressed in a sideways motion for several weeks... so no skiing. There went that trip! He got better just in time to go to his Rhino Rally Race in St. George and we had a fantastic family vacation. I had totally put all ideas of skiing out of my mind since it was now mid March and the flowers in my yard were finally starting to come up! (Yahoo!!!) Bryce surprised me with a phone call one day and set up a date with me to go skiing the following week. I had some crappy virus at the time and hoped that I could muster up the energy to even get in the car without wanting a nap, but we planned it. Then Bryce got the nasty virus! And an ear infection. And a sinus infection. He stayed home from work all week and layed in bed. I kept telling him that we could cancel the skiing trip but he insisted that we were going. Wednesday night came, he pulled himself out of bed and we had a blast! I looked and felt like a complete moron for the first little while! Some random guy had to come over and help me get my boot in my ski after he watched me struggle with it for a few minutes! (Bryce was gone looking for the bunny hill for me.) I never made it off anything but beginning runs but had such a fun time with Bryce! He was so patient with me while I had to relearn how to ski. I crashed several times but never into anyone else and never actually hit a tree. I did get close enough to smell the nice fresh pine scent though!

After it was all said and done, I have all my bones in working order, my muscles have now recovered and many people went home with some good laughs at me trying to make my way down the hill without dying! THANKS BRYCE FOR A FANTASTIC DATE!

5 comments:

The Shelley Family said...

How fun! Cute pics :)U little snow bunny U! lol...

Shannon said...

I can relate to the difficulties of getting out to go skiing. And to the sore muscles for days afterward!

Jeanie said...

So I shouldn't expect Dustin to take me skiing for another 4 years? Lol... It sounds like you had a lot of fun! I look forward to learning, falling, crashing, etc. :)

Celeste said...

I'm glad you finally got to go skiing. Babies are cute and sweet, but it sure is nice to have the freedom you get when you don't have one :)

Rands Family said...

That is good that you were finally able to go sking again and spend so much needed time with Bryce bcause he is gone all the time. I am sure it was goods for the both of you. That was nice of him to plan the date for you.