Monday, June 13, 2011

An update on life....

Life is good! I can't really complain. It is even better that the house is quite, all of the kids are asleep and with the lights not on... I can't see all of the housework that it awaiting me! :)

I am totally worn out today. We have had a fun day of swimming at the PG pool for Strawberry Days and watching Braxton play baseball. It was our turn for treats and I made round sugar cookies and frosted them like baseballs. They were cute. I am proud of myself for only eating 2! (yes- that is good for me!) Mason was getting REALLY restless at the end of the game so I let him have one of the extra cookies. He was head to toe frosting! And so was the stroller. After a dinner of spaghetti tonight-- I wondered why I was doing this to myself. Not planning the best dinners as far as cleanliness.

Bryce is again missing out. He is currently in Texas and will be heading to LA tomorrow. He has had to travel quite a bit the past few weeks so we miss him. He works super long hours when he travels and comes home wiped out. I am glad that he is still loving his job and always has lots to tell me. I just try my best to keep it all straight so I can ask meaningful questions.

Baseball consumes our evenings. Braxton has games on Monday and Wednesday nights. Landen has games on Tuesday and Thursday nights. I love cheering my boys on! Some days are a bit more hectic to get there than others. Landen can't seem to focus enough to get his stuff ready (shoes on, mitt in his hand and buckled in the car). He finds lots of other things to do along the way. My agenda minded personality wants to blow a gasket every time. And sometimes it does. I am trying hard on that though. His random thumbs up, winks, hugs and raised eyebrows from across the counter during dinner at me make me laugh and melt. He should probably try winking at me a little more during his fits....

Abbey is loving gymnastics again this summer. It makes me want to consider her doing it year round. She is amazingly flexible and is cart wheeling all over the place!

More Mason just cut 3 teeth this past week! A top molar on each side and a bottom tooth next to his two little middle teeth. He hasn't been the happiest camper. Not bad, but not the happiest.

We survived our first week of summer. It was almost constant bickering, power struggles, life isn't fair complaints and so on from the kids. I was ready to go NUTS! It always takes about a week for them to figure out how to get along all day long. Today was much better so I hope that we are on the road to peace and friendship around here... or I am on the road to the looney bin!

I am still going running in the mornings. With Bryce being out of town it hasn't worked out for me to go every day but I am getting out at least 3 - 4 times per week. I am now up to 2 1/2 miles with still some good hills in that distance. I could probably go further but I still want to stick to my 30 minute workout time and I need enough energy to keep up with the kids all day. I am seeing some improvement on my stomach and I know that my legs are a bit more toned up. I am frustrated though because a lot of my stomach roll issue is skin and I don't know what I can do about that, except surgery to remove it. And that isn't happening any time soon... or ever in my penny-pinching future.

Oh- one more thing! We are going somewhere for our anniversary!!! This next week we will be celebrating our 13th wedding anniversary! Usually we celebrate by going somewhere for dinner (in mid-July). With Strawberry Days, Father's Day, Landen's birthday, etc... our anniversary always gets pushed aside. This year with Bryce being gone so much-- I needed some time and a good break! We get to go to away for the weekend and my sister, Karen, is taking the kids! WAHOO!! Bryce has asked me a few times what I want to do... and of all things that he can't believe I am saying... is SIT! I LOVE to go, go, go but I am tired, tired, tired! I just want to do NOTHING! I am sure that won't last super long but I can't wait for a completely relaxing weekend with my favorite person. Homestead... here we come! In a few weeks. :)

1 comment:

meacham said...

Sounds like your really busy it's to bad Bryce is gone so much.
Wish he could come out this way once in awhile.
Take care and try to stay sain.