Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Happy 60th Birthday Mom!



This month my mom turned the big 60! She didn't want a big deal made of it so we did a family dinner at my house. It was SO much fun!!! Everyone was there except for Dave and his family that live in Arizona. It was like old times just hanging out talking and laughing. The cousins seemed to have fun playing together and the night went by WAY too fast! Lisa made the cake and it was lit up with 60 candles! By the time she blew them all out there wasn't much left of the cool whip on top of the cake. :) A few things I love and appreciate about my mom: *She is so sweet! *Always has a smile on her face *Her home is always open for anyone to stop in *She gives the best hugs *She sacrificed SO much to be a stay at home mom. She drove us everywhere, took the BEST care of us when we were sick and she taught us how to clean! *Mom taught me how to pray by her example. Especially seeing her saying prayers in private.


*Mom is a good listener and she tries hard to not get all worked up and butt into our lives... when she does get worked up-- I know it is only cause she cares so much.


*She is beautiful!


*She loves to shop for clothes and taught us to wait for good deals. She also taught us how to make sure things fit right! Especially shoes.


Mom- I love you to death and am the luckiest girl ever to have you in my life! I hope you had a great birthday!!!

2 comments:

Jason & Kelli West said...

Amy I love your mom too. She has always been so kind and loving to us! We think she is great!! You guys sure are lucky!! :D Happy Birthday Aunt Colleen!

Celeste said...

Wow! You've been busy. Sorry you had such a rough month. I think number four just makes it impossible to keep up on anything. I wouldn't give Brayden up for anything, but I just wish I could get my whole house clean once a week. Happy Birthday to Mason and your Mom!