Sunday, July 18, 2010

I chopped it off!

Trying to keep up with 4 kids has been a bit of a challenge for me. One frustrating aspect was my hair. It has enough curl that I have to blow it dry, round brush & flat iron it for style... but not enough curl to let it blow dry into gorgeous curls anymore. I had to spend at least a half an hour each day just on my hair and it couldn't be interrupted if I wanted it to turn out well. Even after all of that effort I didn't like it on most days. Well I had had enough! I finally got the guts to chop it off. Ok... I will be honest. It took me 2 seperate hair appointments within 2 weeks to get the guts... but that is beside the point. Here is a picture of me with my new do!



This new hairstyle has been a lifesaver! I don't spend more than 10 minutes total on my hair now and I like the bit of sass it has. I am also a much more relaxed mom cause I am more willing to go to the pool and such on the spur of the moment and I don't have to be depressed that all of my hard work on my hair just went to waste. (Stupid I know but it bothered me.) I do miss my long hair and maybe one of these years I will grow it back but for now I am loving this liberating feeling.

4 comments:

Brooke said...

I was just noticing how cute it was yesterday! I was envious. I am glad you took the plunge and it is working for you. You are darling!

meacham said...

You look awsome and also looks like the kids are having fun even if Bryce has the hose

Bethie said...

you look beautiful :) I love it

Amie said...

Thank you for your sweet comments!